Surfaces by Hynes TimberTop® Collection showcases an extensive selection of timber species with unique hues and rich tones. TimberTop® flooring will provide you with an engineered hardwood floor in a matter of hours, without the mess, disruption and toxic fumes which are inherent with the installation of a traditional solid wooden floor.
What is TimberTop®?
TimberTop is a prefinished range of timber flooring. It has all the natural beauty and characteristics of real timber, however is engineered as a floating floor system, so it can be used directly on concrete floor finishes and is prefinished so there is no site stabilising time or messy sanding and sealer coating.
Engineered boards consist of multiple layers:
- Protective coatings for wear resistance.
- A 3.2mm layer of a solid timber species.
- A 9.5mm middle core layer of plantation grown timber. This also houses the tongue and groove system.
- A 1.5mm bottom layer balancing veneer.
All these layers are cross laminated (meaning in different directions) which makes for a very stable product.
TimberTop® Eco-Friendly Advantage
Today more than ever, timber, if it is sourced correctly, is one of the most renewable resources in the world. TimberTop® uses timber that is planted for the production of natural rubber as the base for products making this product range environmentally friendly.
TimberTop® takes great pride in the fact that the majority of the 3-layer engineered flooring composition encompasses the usage of renewable timber resources. 75% of each plank composition is made up of plantation species and 25% is from precious timber veneers. This meets the international standard of declaring a product environmentally friendly. TimberTop® is an environmentally safe and beautiful product.
Benefits of TimberTop® Flooring
- Eco Friendly
- Easy Care and Maintenance
- Designer edges and world class finishing
- Exclusive hand-crafted technologies
- Engineered floors have been specifically designed to be laid over concrete subfloors, so they overcome a lot of the issues that arise when dealing with floor heights and moisture.
- The subfloor does not need to be perfectly flat (though it helps), as a 2mm foam underlay is used to take up imperfections. This also helps with noise reduction.
- The overall height of engineered flooring is generally around 16mm (3/4 inch), which matches up with most other flooring types.
- The use of a good underlay will also allow the floor to be warmer in winter.
- As engineered floors are prefinished, there is no need to have the floor sanded.
- It also eliminates the added six to ten days of downtime required to coat a floor.
- An engineered floor is very quick and easy to install. A good install team can install up to 200m2 a day, meaning an average job may be finished in one day.
- One of the great benefits of Surfaces by Hynes Flooring, is that these floors do not harbour dust mites or other nasties and are hypoallergenic.
- Depending on the individual product, TimberTop® can be sanded. As TimberTop® are floating systems and laid on flat, hard surfaces, the sanding process is dependent on the depth of the scratches, but you should only need to remove a very minimal top layer (please refer to a specialist). Please refer to our Warranty Information prior to undertaking any work.
This information is designed to help you make the most informed decision when choosing your TimberTop® Floor. We encourage you to consider this information carefully.
Timber is a natural product and colour variation will occur. Samples displayed and provided are indicative only and will not match the floor installed. Other variations will also occur, such as small knots, grain variation, gum or sap marks and mineral marks. All variations are normal and not considered defects, therefore will not be covered under warranty.
Engineered timber flooring is typically laid over a 2mm foam underlay, with an integrated moisture barrier. The floor is laid by gluing the long edges of the boards together, leaving a 10mm expansion gap, which is covered either by skirtings or beading.
Engineered Timber Floor Installation
Timber Flooring has always been a favourite in the Australian market, however, in volume building it has been viewed as delicate and time consuming in terms of construction time.
The advent of prefinished Engineered Timber Flooring has been the perfect solution in terms of reducing not only installation costs, but also reducing timely construction costs. However, as a floor covering, timber has the potential for damage and wear during the construction process. This issue can be minimised, or even eliminated, if the installation process is deferred to the end of construction.
Combining our sophisticated booking and delivery system, with our trained installation professionals, we can provide a rapid and efficient turnaround delivery and installation program.